1. Have brilliant idea for a piece while in a location with no pen or paper i.e. while in the shower.
2. Spend two days trying to remember that idea.
3. Remember idea and dash to laptop where you write what is sure to be your defining literary work.
4. Save draft and go to bed with visions of awards and job offers dancing in your head.
5. Wake up and decide the piece is garbage.
6. Lean on writer friends and Ben & Jerry until you gather the courage to hit submit.
7. Hit refresh on your email.
8. Hit refresh on your email.
9. Hit refresh on your email….